1 kg lean lamb
1 Large Onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 Tbsp fresh root ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup hot chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
4 tamarillos, peeled & sliced
- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 8 hours
- The New World Cup
- Pre-heat crockpot for 20 minutes.
- Place the cubed lamb, onion, garlic and ginger in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and stir so that the flour coats all ingredients well.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken stock ,lemon juice, soy sauce & honey.
- Pour this mixture into the crockpot and gently stir all the ingredients together. Cover with lid and cook on low/auto for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- About half an hour before serving, add the sliced tamarillos to the crockpot. Cover with lid and continue cooking.
- If the gravy looks too thin, turn the control to high and thicken by stirring in 2 Tbsp cornflour mixed to a paste with 2 Tbsp water. Cover with lid and cook for another 30 mins.